Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beautiful Poem by Linda Pastan

This Thursday I took a English Poems Class. The teacher was very nice. He looked very young and a little inexperience, but he was enthusiastic and patient. He taught us several poems which were so beautiful and touching. The best one in my mind was ‘’To a Daughter Leaving Home’’ by Linda Pastan. When I read this poem, I could almost ‘’see’’ the pictures come out from the poem. I remember the last line was ‘’ the hair flapping behind you like a handkerchief waving goodbye.’’ When I read this, the hot tears almost welled up in my eyes. By reading those poems, it’s like self-reflection on my life. Poems teach us to see (or feel) the world in a new way, I think that’s also the meanings of arts. Poem is really a treasure of human being, and I am so glad to have the opportunity of reading them.

1 comment:

  1. Beauteous Poem

    I was in English Poetry last Thursday. The teacher was very nice. The gentlemen was young, and looked a bit, "new".
    The gentleman was, however, enthusiastic and patient. The gentleman teacher taught us several poems which were proportional and touching.
    The most proportional and touching poem was:
    "To A Daughter Leaving Home". The authoress was Linda Pastan.
    As I read, "To A Daughter Leaving Home", I could "see" the images.
    I remember the last line. "... the hair flapping behind you like a handkerchief waving good-bye".
    The image of good-bye in, "To A Daughter Leaving Home" left me controlling hot, welling, swelling tears.
    "A Daughter Leaving Home", brought me to self-reflection.
    "A Daughter Leaving Home", help me see, feel, pheromone, and touch the world in new ways.
    Art is the Great Teacher. Art is the true treasure for Humanity.
    Poetry is the best read.

    corrected by Chris

    ReplyDelete